We take pride in our diversity of 45000+ students from 67 countries!
MPharm, Master of Pharmacy is a two-year postgraduate program in pharmacy. BPharm program educates a graduate student in the sciences of various fields of pharmacy such as industry, marketing, practice, community, drug discovery etc., just to name a few. However, a graduate lacks in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in psychomotor skills in the specialized areas of the profession of pharmacy.
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, with a view to making a student face the challenges in the specialized areas of pharmacy profession, has been offering MPharm program in eleven specializations for several years while the following links describe the scope of the individual master’s programs offered by MCOPS.
M. Pharm Streams Offered by MCOPS
MCOPS Advantages for M. Pharm Students
The advantage of MCOPS for a student who wishes to pursue MPharm is as follows
- The syllabus and course content of each specialization have been prepared with futuristic intentions
- The spacious labs are equipped with state-of-art instruments. Besides the Health Sciences Library of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, each department of the college has its own departmental library
- Electronic journals and Internet connectivity are vital ingredients in the modern learning process and MCOPS has plenty of both
- In addition to the regular teachers of the institution, the students will also be exposed to adjunct faculty, either from well-known industries or from reputed overseas universities
- The frequent conduct of workshops and quality improvement program helps in continuous learning and updating knowledge
- The Industry Institute Partnership Cell of MCOPS provides a crucial link with pharma industries
- The Placement Cell of the college arranges for campus interviews by leading industries. A number of students find themselves recruited through campus selection
All these give a huge advantage to a postgraduate student of MCOPS when compared with the next best institution.
M. Pharm Course Features
- In-depth knowledge of practical aspects and laboratory sessions
- Workshops and Seminars
- Research work
M. Pharm Assessment
First Year M. Pharm
- Continuous and consistent evaluation of students through assignments, class tests and viva voce
- Evaluation of seminars presented by the students
- Periodic assessment of students by conducting two theory in each subject and one practical sessional examinations (internal examination) in a semester
- A final theory university examination at the end of I and II semester
- A university practical examination at the end of I and II semester
- A minimum of 75% attendance and 50% of marks in theory and practical examinations are necessary to move to the next level
Second Year M. Pharm
In Second Year MPharm, (Semester III and IV) students should carry out a research project and submit a thesis of their research work either in the college or industry.
Semester III also contains following three common subjects and the assessment will be done as mentioned for I and II semester.
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics
- Journal Club
- Choice-based inter/multidisciplinary course
The thesis will be evaluated by a panel of internal and external examiners
A viva voce examination will be conducted to evaluate the student’s research work.
M. Pharm Career Paths
The career path of pharmacy graduates takes them to assume the roles like
- Research position in R & D departments, universities, central laboratories etc.
- Higher studies in national and international universities
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries: R & D, Production, Analytical R & D, Marketing, Market research, Regulatory affairs
- Hospitals: Pharmacists, Clinical research