We take pride in our diversity of 45000+ students from 67 countries!
The Master of Technology program in Biomedical Engineering at MIT was started in 1989. It has the following benefits
- Several new courses and laboratories have been introduced to make the program comply with international standards, such as Probability, Random Variables & Stochastic Processes, Embedded Systems, Tissue Engineering, Research Methodology & Technical Communication, Pattern Recognition and Signal, and Image Processing Laboratory in MATLAB.
- Laboratory facility for research and development with the following facilities: PowerLab – a 4-channel physiological signal acquisition system with a bio-stimulator to acquire signals such as ECG, EEG, EMG, EOG, respiration, pulse, BP; Hand-grip dynamometer, and a subject-bed.
- Other laboratories like Instrumentation, Electronics, Computing, Research lab (which includes the Physiological Signal Acquisition Lab), and Biomaterials and cell culture lab
- Most of the core subjects have practical sessions so that students can have hands-on experience.
- Mandatory industrial training (as a part of the curriculum).
- The final year project is a major opportunity to utilize subject knowledge to work independently and get involved in R & D activity and innovate.
Some of the major companies that have hired students from the department include Robert Bosch Bangalore, Baxter Bangalore, STRUmed Solutions Private Ltd Surat, Siemens Healthineers Bangalore, Philips Bangalore and Pune, RTWO Healthcare Solutions Bangalore, Lotus Wireless Technologies Vizag, Sascan Meditech Pvt Ltd