We take pride in our diversity of 45000+ students from 67 countries!
Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering from MIT Manipal offers the following benefits.
- State-of-the-art classrooms, laboratory (momentum, mass and heat transfer operations, reaction engineering, process dynamics & control, computer laboratory and post graduate research laboratory in chemical engineering and industrial pollution control) and the central library facilities.
- As a part of curriculum, second year post graduate students pursue practice schools in research organizations like CSIR labs.
- Regular seminars, workshops and guest lectures.
- Annual national symposium ‘Chemignite’ related to current trends in engineering.
- Research and opportunities in technology industry as a process engineer, teaching, consultancy.
- Chemical process industry, research and development in private organizations and PSUs.
- The companies that recruit students from this program are TCS, IBM and Michelin.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
In addition to PEOs, the B.Tech chemical engineering program established a set of Program Outcomes(POs), based on National Board of Accreditation Guidelines, and expected to be met by every graduating student from the program at the time of graduation.
The graduates of B.Tech chemical engineering will have ability to:
PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO 3: Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO 5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO 6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO 9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO 10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO 11: Project management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO 12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes:
PSO-I – Apply the principles of unit operations and unit processes to design chemical process equipment.
PSO-II – Develop, Model, Simulate and optimize the chemical process systems.
PSO-III – Recommend sustainable solutions for environmental and energy engineering related challenges.
- Process Modeling and Simulation
- Fluid and Fluid-Solid Operations
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Catalysis and Nanotechnology
- Environmental Pollution Control
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Process Control
- Renewable Energy
- Advanced Materials
M. Tech in Chemical Engineering – Qualification
BE / BTech in Chemical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering / Petroleum Engineering / Bioprocess Engineering / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical Technology / Polymer Technology.